Tuesday, July 17, 2012

8 months

This past month you...

-are finding new ways to get around, e.i., belly flop crawling, rolling, scooting, and army crawling.  I wouldn't say you're a crawler yet in the traditional sense of the word, but you get where you want to go, which means I vacuum more and I encourage your brother to keep his smaller toys and magnets in the play room.

-have liked all the foods you've tried.  Which have only been pees, carrots, sweet potatoes, and rice cereal.  I don't know why I'm dragging my feet about trying new things and adding more solid meals, but I just am, and you're growing just fine.

-take a while to get comfortable at night now that you're determined to crawl.  It made for a rough couple nights, but we think we're back on track.  You go to bed around 8PM and sleep until 6:00-6:30, eat, and then sleep for another hour or two.

-'talk' a lot.  da-da, ma-ma, ba-ba, etc.  And you do the back and forth mimic game when I repeat the sounds you make.

-have pulled yourself up to standing a few times, on brother's stool. on my leg, on a beach umbrella, and on a toy.

-walk all over the place in your walker (and let Garrett push you all over, too).

-are such a happy girl.  You get compliments on your eyes and smile constantly.  And I have to agree!  You are such a beautiful girl!

-still laugh the most at your brother, but I'm figuring it out a little more each day.

-have never been sick (I'm knocking on wood as I type this).












I love you sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment