Friday, August 17, 2012

9 months

The only big thing this month is crawling!  Last month it was scooting and belly flops, and this month, you're a pro.

You're mimicking more and getting louder and more clear with your babbles. 

You light up when you see your dad walk in the door and you're always happy when Garrett wakes up in the morning and from a nap.  You're just a perfect little fit to this family.

Last month I mentioned that I'm dragging my feet about feeding you.  Well, now I'm taking a whole new approach.  I'm learning that you're a lot like Garrett about food.  Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's yucky, and most of the time you don't love purees.  My new approach is letting you feed yourself.  And feeding yourself what we eat.  Cucumbers, bananas, tomatoes, potatoes, peaches... Unless it's super spicy or off limits at this age, I let you give it a go.  Sure, you don't get a lot in your tummy sometimes, but at this age the most important nutrients doesn't come from food, it's in the milk.  I want you to try lots of flavors, textures, and self feed at a young age.  So far it's going well.  I also give you the little 'crawler stage' organic snacks like puffs, wagon wheels, and rice rusks, and when I give you those I dip them in pureed vegis first and you always eat the whole thing.  I'm so happy with this new plan.  Makes meal time easy when it used to be my most dreaded time.








You sleep from about 8:00PM until 5 or 6AM, then right back to sleep until about 9:00AM.  I'm looking forward to ditching that early feeding, but it's not so bad because it's so short.

At your 9 month well check a couple days ago, everything looked normal and good.

You weigh: 17 lbs. 15 oz. (25-50%)
You are 27" tall (25-50%)
And you're head is 46 1/2 cm.  Still in the 97%!




No comments:

Post a Comment