Tuesday, May 22, 2012

6 month stats

Unfortunately, I don't remember your height or head circumference and I may have left the paper at the doctor's office.

But I do know you weigh 15 lbs. 8 oz. You are in the 50%ile for both your height and your weight. (Same percentile as at your 4 month well check.) And the 95-97% for your head. At your 4 month check you were in the 97%ile. So, I guess your head is slowing down by 0-2%??? No one thinks you look like a big headed baby, and I think its the cutest little (big) balled head on the planet.

I tell your dad before every immunization appointment that I'm staying home with Garrett, and he's taking you. But somehow I end up going. Dad was at work, and Garrett was at Disneyland, so it was just me and you. You took the 6 month shots much better than the 4 month ones. I don't know if they hurt less, but we both cried less this time. :)

Maybe I shouldn't blog about this, but thinking back at things your brother went through, and milestones, etc. I realize how this mama remembers so little, and I'm grateful I document things. (This also reminds me that I was going to make these blogs private months ago, how time flies.) Anyway, in case I need to remember this, help a friend, or have another baby with it, I want to remember. You had partial labial fusion when you were born. They said it was nothing to worry about that early on, but gave us specific cleaning instructions. (Basically, just get in there and get it good and clean, and even if it wasn't bath night, I'd bathe you if you had a bad BM that was 'forward shooting'.) At two and four months it had opened enough to just be 'labial adhesion'. And today it's 'looking fine'. If it doesn't fix itself it requires local anaesthesia and a minor procedure to open it. It's a little painful after, and can bleed. I wanted to avoid that, and it looks like we have. *So moms out there (or me if it happens again), if your little girl has this, spread em wide, and clean her good! (UTI's are common with labial fusion.) Be generous with Vaseline or Aquaphor to keep it moist and to avoid the skin fusing together more. And if she acts like the wipes are hurting her, get a small bucket of warm water before each diaper change and wipe her with a soft warm rag instead of wipes, dry her off, and then apply ointment. You can also gently just spread her legs a little throughout the day during playtime to help it self correct. And lastly, I'm sure you know this and do this, but this can happen at anytime really, not just if they are born with it. Girls have lots of folds and creases. Clean good!*We'll probably start on solid food in the next couple of weeks, if I can motivate myself to clean up 2 messy kids covered in food, several times a day. Your brother was pretty tiny at this age so the doctor really pushed solids, but I didn't feel that pressure with you, and your growing just fine, so I'll start slow and we'll see how you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment