Tuesday, May 1, 2012

5 months old

I need to hurry and post this before you hit six months. I'm having a hard time keeping up!

During your 5th month we brought the swaddle back, you're sleeping much better at night. Maybe once a night you need a binky and you sleep about 8-9 hours before you need to be fed.

I sometimes even swaddle you for naps when you're having a hard time calming down. It works like a charm.

You suck on your toes now. They're like magnets to your lips, it's so cute. Sometimes during diaper changes I struggle to get your feet down so I can put the new one on.

You sat up for the first time right on your 5 month mark. You're still pretty wobbly, but you've sat up long enough to say you've done it.You're even more obsessed with sucking on everything. Even when I think things are out of your reach you often get to them and they go straight to your mouth.

You're still napping great. 2 naps a day, at least 2 hours each.We tried a little rice cereal once. You weren't very interested. We haven't tried since and I probably won't again for a few weeks.I started calling you Lulu. I was looking at a party supply website one day, (sweetlulu.com)...I think... and I was holding you while browsing, for some reason I called you a sweet lulu, and it just stuck. Now Lulu is all Dad and I call you and a few others are starting to catch on, too. I think it'll be around for a while. I love it. You have the best morning smile when I say, "Hi, Lulu!!"

You're becoming much more go-with-the-flow. Afternoons at the beach, long walks, Easter egg hunts, birthday parties, Garrett playing with you, shopping, etc. And everyone who meets you thinks you're just so cute!
You just keep getting cuter and cuter, and I can't believe you're almost 6 months old already.

No comments:

Post a Comment